Some of the most popular birds that start with the letter F are flamingos, fruit hunters, and Florida scrub jay. These fascinating birds come from different parts of the world and have their own unique characteristics. Here are some birds that start with F:
- Fairy flycatcher – A small bird with a dark mask, wings, and tail.
- Falcon – The falcon is a bird of prey known for being fierce and having sharp beaks.
- Falkland steamer duck – A large, bulky duck that is native to the Falkland Islands and swims similarly to how paddle steamers move.
- Far Eastern curlew – A large shorebird that is mostly found in Asia and is noted for its long, curved bill.
- Fasciated tiger heron – A species of heron found in the tropical wetlands of Central and South America and is the smallest of its species.
- Fawn-breasted brilliant – A small hummingbird found in South America with dazzling iridescent feathers.
- Fawn-coloured lark – A small, brown bird found in grasslands and cultivated areas of Africa.
- Fernwren – A small, brown bird found in Australia and is known for its various vocalizations.
- Field sparrow – This small fork-tailed sparrow is found in different parts of Canada and North America.
- Fish crow – A crow found near the coastlines of North America and is noted for its loud call and silky and smooth dark feathers.
- Flamingo – A large, pink-wading bird that is found in the tropical and subtropical that has long legs, neck, and downturned bills.
- Florida scrub jay – This large, gray-blue jay is known for its unique call and is found in Florida’s scrub habitat.
- Forbes’s blackbird – A small, black bird with an arrow-shaped bill that is found in grasslands and open woods of South America.
- Forest kingfisher – A blue-white colored kingfisher found in tropical forests of Southeast Asia and is known for its loud shrill-like call.
- Fork-tailed sunbird – A small, multi-colored sunbird found in forests of China, Vietnam, Laos, and Hong Kong and is seen in Hong Kong postal stamps.
- Freckled duck – An Australian duck that has unique freckle-like feathers.
- Fruit-hunter – A small, slender species of bird found in Southeast Asian islands in Borneo that has a black mask on its eyes.
- Fuegian steamer duck – A large distinctive species of steamer duck found in South America and is known for its ability to skim in the water efficiently.
- Fulvous owl – A medium-sized owl found in the cloudy forests of Central America.
- Fulvous-headed tanager – A small bird with a chestnut head and gray body.
Fabulous birds that start with F are a wide variety of interesting birds from around the world. From flamingos to fruit-hunters, these birds have their striking characteristics that make them unique. Whether it’s their colorful feathers or loud calls, these birds will surely captivate you with their beauty and charm.
Fairy flycatcher Image by: Francesco Veronesi from Italy, CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons
Fasciated tiger heron Image by: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jquental, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons
Fruit-hunter Image by: Nigel Voaden from UK, CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons
Fulvous-headed tanager Image by: Fernando Flores from Caracas, Venezuela, CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons