Some of the most popular birds that start with the letter B are bald eagles, barred owls, bay wrens, and blue jay. Here’s a list of some other interesting birds that start with the letter B:
- Baer’s pochard – A diving duck that has a distinctive black head with green gloss.
- Baikal teal – A dabbling duck that is also known as the bimaculated duck.
- Bald eagle – A large bird of prey that is easily recognizable by its white head and tail.
- Bananaquit – A black-white-yellow passerine bird that feeds on nectar.
- Banded kingfisher – A kingfisher that has a black-and-white banded tail and a bright blue crown.
- Barking owl – A nocturnal bird of prey that has a dog-like bark and is also known as the winking owl.
- Barnacle goose – A goose that breeds in the Arctic region and has black-and-white plumage.
- Barred forest falcon – A forest falcon with dark brown plumage and a barred tail.
- Barred owl – A large striped owl that ranges from brown to gray.
- Barrow’s goldeneye – A goldeneye duck with a crescent-shaped white patch on its face.
- Bateleur – A medium-sized eagle with black and white plumage and cowled head.
- Bay wren – A small brown bird that is found in Central and South America.
- Baya weaver – A yellow-breasted weaver bird that is found in Asia and is known for its talent in making woven nests out of leaves.
- Bearded bellbird – Bearded Bellbirds have black beard-like stringy wattles on their throat.
- Bee hummingbird – The world’s smallest bird that is found in Cuba and measures just 2 and a quarter inches in length.
- Bell’s vireo – A small songbird with dark gray upper parts and white underparts.
- Black-chested snake eagle – A large snake-eating eagle with dark brown-black plumage and head.
- Blue jay – A strikingly colored blue, white, and black bird that is found in North America.
- Budgerigar – A small parakeet that is also known as the common pet bird or shell parakeet.
- Bushy-crested jay – A jay with a blue body and a crest of feathers on its head.
The letter B is just one of the many letters in the alphabet, but there are still a lot of birds that start with this letter. Whether you’re a bird enthusiast or simply wish to expand your avian knowledge, this is an excellent starting point.