Some of the most popular animals that start with the letter S are sharks, stingrays, and seals. Together with those animals, we have listed other animals that start with the letter S.
- Saber-Toothed Tiger – A prehistoric big cat that roamed the Americas towards the end of the last Ice Age.
- Saiga Antelope – A critically endangered species of antelope that is native throughout Eurasia.
- Scarab Beetle – One of the most easily recognizable insects in the world, with a distinctive horn-like
- Salamander – An amphibian known for its ability to regenerate lost body parts.
- Salmon – A type of large fish that is found in the Pacific Ocean as well as rivers throughout North America and Europe.
- Sand Dollar – A flat burrowing sea urchin that has symmetric five-folds on its top.
- Sawfish – A species of ray that possesses a long, toothed snout used for digging and slashing at prey.
- Scorpion – A predatory arachnid that is found primarily in desert environments.
- Seagull – A type of bird that lives along coastlines and feeds on fish, insects, and other smaller seabirds.
- Seahorse – A popular aquarium pet that is known for its horse-like head and tail.
- Seal – A large marine mammal often associated with the Arctic region and found in both polar seas and temperate oceans.
- Shiba Inu – A popular Japanese dog breed known for its small size and red and white coat.
- Sloth Bear – An unusual-looking species of bear that is primarily found in India and Sri Lanka.
- Sperm Whale – The largest toothed animal in the world, which can reach lengths of up to 65 feet or 20 meters.
- Sphynx Cat – A breed of cat known for its lack of hair and wrinkled skin.
- Spider Monkey – A type of monkey native to Central and South America that is known for its long arms and prehensile tail.
- Stag Beetle – A type of beetle that is named for its large antlers.
- Stingray – A type of ray that is known for its sharp, venomous barbs.
- Sun Bear – A type of bear found in Southeast Asia that is known for its small size and cream-colored chest patch.
- Swan – A type of bird that is known for its grace in flight, as well as its elegant neck and white plumage.
We have listed some of the most popular animals that start with the letter S. These animals are a diverse group, including mammals, fish, amphibians, and insects. While this is not an exhaustive list, it provides a snapshot of the wide variety of creatures that begin with the letter S. We hope you enjoyed learning about these animals and their unique features.