Some of the most popular animals that start with the letter R are rhinos, raccoons, and rabbits. In this list we will be listing out other animals that start with the letter R.
- Rabbit – Small, timid animals that are often kept as pets.
- Raccoon – Nocturnal animals that are sometimes considered pests, but can also make interesting pets.
- Radiated Tortoise – A critically endangered tortoise that has star shapes on its shells that look like sun rays.
- Ragdoll Cat – A breed of cat that is known for its blue eyes and calm disposition.
- Rainbow Boa – A boa from central and south America with an iridescent sheen.
- Rat – rodents that are found in virtually every corner of the world.
- Rat Terrier – An American dog breed that can be kept as pets or pest control.
- Rattlesnake – A type of venomous snake that is native to North America and known for the distinctive rattling sound that it makes when threatened.
- Red Fox – A fox that is native to North America and Europe, but has now been introduced in many other regions.
- Red Panda – An endangered animal that has a long tail with red or orange fur and black legs.
- Red-Footed Tortoise – A species of tortoise that is native to South America that has red scales on its black limbs.
- Reindeer – A type of deer that generally lives in cold climates and is known for pulling Santa Claus’ sled on Christmas Eve.
- Rhinoceros – Large herbivorous mammals that are known for their distinctive horns and can be found in parts of Africa and Asia.
- Ringed Kingfisher – A noisy kingfisher bird with a large bill and blue feathers that live near water.
- Rockfish – A type of fish that is commonly found in the Pacific Ocean and is known for its bright colors.
- Rock Hyrax – Small mammals that can be found on rocky cliffs of Africa and are related to elephants.
- Rottweiler – A large breed of dog that is often used as a guard dog and has an intimidating appearance.
- Royal Penguin – A type of penguin that is typically found on subantarctic islands and has a white face and chin compared to macaroni penguins.
- Rubber Boa – A type of boa that is native to the United States and has soft, rubbery skin.
- Russian Blue Cat – A breed of cat that is often sought after for its beautiful blue, black, or grey coat and green eyes.
The animals that are listed in this article are just a small sampling of the creatures that start with the letter R. While most people are familiar with common animals like rabbits, raccoons, and rats, there are many other interesting creatures out there that begin with this letter. Whether you’re interested in mammals, birds, fish, or reptiles, there is sure to be an animal on this list that may catch your eye.