Some of the most popular animals that start with the letter K are koalas, kangaroos, and kiwis. However, there are many other animals that start with the letter K, and this list will provide an overview of some of them.
- Kakapo – A critically endangered flightless and nocturnal parrot native to New Zealand.
- Kangaroo – A large marsupial that is native to Australia and is known for its hopping ability.
- Kiko Goat – A breed of goat from New Zealand, primarily bred for its meat.
- Killdeer – A small migratory shorebird found in America.
- Killer Whale – A large dolphin that lives in the ocean with a white underbelly and black and gray coloring.
- Kinder Goat – A breed of goat from the Americas used for its milk.
- King Cobra – A species of cobra found in Asia and known for its ability to kill other snakes.
- King Crab – A family of crabs with various species that is known for its delicate meat.
- King Ratsnake – A species of snake that commonly eats other snakes.
- King Vulture – Large predatory vulture found in Central and South America.
- Kiwi – Small, round, flightless birds native to New Zealand.
- Klipspringer – A small species of antelope found in Africa known for its climbing ability.
- Koala – Small arboreal marsupial native to Australia that is known for its round shape and long claws.
- Kodiak Bear – The largest subspecies of brown bears found in North America.
- Koi Fish – Beautiful pond fish from Asia that is known for its bright colors.
- Komodo Dragon – A large monitor lizard native to Indonesia and known for its venomous bite.
- Koolie – A type of Australian herding dog.
- Kori Bustard – The largest flying bird in Africa.
- Krill – Small shrimp-like crustaceans found in the ocean that are an important part of many marine ecosystems.
- Kudu – A type of large antelope native to Africa and known for its corkscrew-shaped horns.
There are many different animals that start with the letter K. Some of these animals are well known, like kangaroos and koalas, while others may be less familiar to most people, like klipspringers or kori bustards. Each of these creatures is unique and interesting in its own way.