Some of the most popular animals that start with the letter “I” are the Iguana, the Impala, and the Indochinese Tiger. There are not many animals that start with the letter “I,” but there are some.
This list contains some animals that start with the letter I
- Ibex – A group of wild goats that have large, curved horns.
- Ibis – A long-legged wading bird that has very long, curved bills.
- Icadyptes – A type of extinct penguin that lived in South America during the Late Eocene.
- Icelandic Sheepdog – A spitz-type dog that is used to herd sheep.
- Ichthyosaurus – A species of extinct marine reptiles that lived in the Triassic period.
- Iguana – A type of lizard native to Central and South America that has become popular as a pet.
- Immortal Jellyfish – A type of jellyfish that is able to revert back to a younger state after reaching adulthood.
- Impala – A large African antelope that has a coat of brown and white colors.’
- Imperial Moth – A large moth that looks like a dead autumn leaf with red, yellow, and brown colors.
- Indian Cobra – A type of venomous snake that is found throughout the Indian subcontinent.
- Indian Star Tortoise – A type of tortoise found in India and Sri Lanka that has beautiful star-like markings on its shell.
- Indigo Snake – A type of large, nonvenomous snake that is native to southern, southeastern, and central America.
- Indochinese Tiger – A subspecies of tiger found in Southeast Asia that is endangered due to hunting and habitat loss.
- Indri – A species of the largest living lemurs that are found in Madagascar.
- Inland Taipan – An extremely venomous snake that is native to Australia.
- IO Moth – A species of moth that has a large eye-like pattern on its wings.
- Irish Elk – A species of extinct deer that lived during the Pleistocene period and is considered the largest deer that has ever lived.
- Irish Terrier – A small terrier breed that originated in Ireland and can track scent well.
- Italian Greyhound – A small breed of sighthound from Italy that is known for being fast and agile.
- Ivory-billed woodcreeper – A type of perching bird that is native to South America.
There are not many popular animals that start with the letter I, but many of them are fascinating creatures that are well-known for their unique qualities. From colorful lizards and exotic birds to extinct marine reptiles, these animals are sure to capture your interest. Whether you’re a nature lover or simply enjoy learning about new things, there’s something for everyone in this list of animals that starts with the letter I.