Some of the most popular animals that start with the letter V are vultures, vampire bats, and vipers. The animals on this list are animals that you might see in the wild, in a zoo, or even in your own backyard.
- Vampire Bat – A bat that lives off the blood of other animals.
- Vampire Crab – A genus of freshwater crabs that have yellow eyes in some species.
- Vampire Squid – A small, deep-sea cephalopod with webbing of its eight arms.
- Vancouver Island Marmot – A marmot found only on Vancouver Island in British Columbia.
- Vaquita – A small cetacean that lives in the Gulf of California.
- Variegated Squirrel – A type of squirrel that has black, brown, and white fur.
- Velvet Asity – A bird found in Madagascar that has velvety black plumage.
- Vermilion Flycatcher – A small passerine bird with orange-red plumage.
- Verreaux’s Eagle – A large bird of prey found in Africa.
- Vervet Monkey – A type of Old World monkey that is found in Africa.
- Vicuña – The national animal of Peru.
- Vinegaroon – An arachnid with scorpion-like features that releases a vinegar-scented liquid when attacked.
- Viper – A venomous snake with long deep fangs.
- Viperfish – A type of deep-sea fish that has long, sharp teeth.
- Visayan Warty Pig – A critically endangered pig that is found in the Philippines.
- Vlei Rat – A type of rodent that is found in Africa.
- Volcano Rabbit – An endangered species of rabbit native to the slopes of volcanoes in Mexico.
- Vole – A family of rodents that have stout bodies and long, hairy tails.
- Volpino Italiano – A small spitz-type dog that is found in Italy.
- Vulture – A large bird of prey that is found in Africa, Asia, and Europe.
There are a variety of animals that start with the letter V. These animals can be found all over the world in different habitats. Some of these animals, like the vampire bat and the viper, are known for being dangerous. Others, like the vicuña and the volcano rabbit, are endangered. Whether you’re looking for a dangerous animal or a cuddly one, there’s sure to be an animal on this list that will interest you.
Vampire Squid Image by: Internet Archive Book Images, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons
Viperfish Image by: Forgerz, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons
Volcano Rabbit Image by: dispale, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons