Some of the most popular animals that start with the letter O are octopuses, owls, and oxen. We will be listing some other animals that begin with O below.
- Oak Toad – A small, orange-red toad that can be found in the eastern United States.
- Oceanic Whitetip Shark – A large, predatory shark that can be found in the tropics and subtropics.
- Ocelot – A small wild cat that can be found in the humid, tropical forests of South and Central America.
- Octopus – A cephalopod that spends most of its life in the water, although it can also be found on land.
- Okapi – A mammal that looks similar to a zebra, and is found in the tropical rainforests of central Africa.
- Old House Borer – A type of beetle that is one of the most destructive pests in North America, often attacking older homes and trees.
- Oleander Hawk Moth – A large moth that is found in the warmer parts of Europe and Asia, is known for its attractive coloration.
- Olm – Also known as a proteus, this is an amphibian that can only be found in the caves of Slovenia and has been nicknamed “baby dragons” by the locals.
- Opah – A fish that can be found in all the world’s oceans, and also has very high levels of mercury in its body.
- Ovenbird – A small, brown songbird that nests on the ground of North American forests and is known for its unique call.
- Opossum – A marsupial that can be found throughout North and South America, most commonly in forested or woody areas.
- Orange-Crowned Warbler – A small songbird that breeds in North America and migrates to Mexico during the winter.
- Orangutan – A type of great ape that is found only in the rainforests of Borneo and Sumatra, known for its intelligence.
- Orb Weaver Spider – A type of spider that is known for its intricate webs and its distinctive shape.
- Oscar Fish – A type of fish that is native to the Amazon River Basin and can grow up to three feet in length.
- Osprey – Also called a fish hawk, this large bird of prey is found on all continents except Antarctica.
- Ostrich – A large, flightless bird that is native to much of Africa, and has one of the largest eggs in the world.
- Otter – A type of semiaquatic mammal that is found in most countries throughout the world.
- Owl – A nocturnal, predatory bird that is found on all continents except Antarctica.
- Ox – A large mammal that is used for farm work in countries around the world.
There are many fascinating animals that start with the letter O. Whether you are a nature lover or simply curious about these unique creatures, there is something for everyone among this diverse group of animals.