Some of the most popular animals that start with the letter X are the x-ray fish, Xolo, and Xenopus. This list will list the animals and some genera that start with the letter X.
- Xalda Sheep – An endangered breed of sheep native to Spain
- Xanthippe’s Shrew – A type of shrew found only on the island of Zanzibar
- Xantus Leaf-toed Gecko – A species of gecko found in Mexico.
- Xantus Murrelet – A small seabird found along the coast of California.
- Xantus’s Hummingbird – A hummingbird found in Baja California Peninsula.
- Xeme – A small gull with a distinct striking wing pattern.
- Xenops – A family of ovenbirds found in Mexico and Central and South America.
- Xenopsaris – A suboscine bird with white fur, black crown, and grey-brown upper parts.
- Xenopus – A genus of frogs found in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Xerus – A genus of ground squirrels found in Africa.
- Xestochilus Nebulosus – A snake eel found in the Indo-Pacific Ocean.
- Xingu Corydoras – A species of freshwater catfish found in Brazil.
- Xingu River Ray – A species of stingray found in the Xingu River.
- Xinjiang Ground-jay – A species of ground jay found in the Xinjiang province of China.
- Xiphinema – A genus of plant-parasitic nematodes.
- Xiphosura – An order of arthropods
- Xoloitzcuintli – A hairless breed of dog native to Mexico.
- X-Ray Fish – A type of fish that is transparent or has a translucent body.
- Xuthus Swallowtail – A yellow medium-sized swallowtail butterfly native to Asia and the Hawaiian islands.
- Xysticus – A genus of ground spiders.
The animals listed in this blog post are just a few of the many that start with the letter X. This list is by no means exhaustive, but it provides a good overview of some of the more interesting and unique creatures that have been classified under the letter X. We hope you enjoyed reading about these animals and learning more about their origins and habits.