Some of the most popular animals that start with the letter H are horses, hamsters, and hedgehogs. However, these are not the only animals that start with the letter H.
In this list, there are other animals that have the letter H in their names.
- Haddock – A saltwater ray-finned fish found in the East Atlantic that is often served as a dish.
- Halibut – A flatfish that is often eaten as a meal.
- Hamster – A small rodent that is a popular pet due to its cute appearance.
- Hare – A wild rabbit species that is larger than most rabbits.
- Hawk – A group of predatory birds that have sharp talons and strong wings.
- Hedgehog – A small mammal that is covered in spines and is able to roll into a ball.
- Hercules Beetle – A group of beetles that are known for their strength and large size.
- Hermit Crab – A crustacean species that inhabits empty shells.
- Herring – A saltwater fish that is often used as bait or food.
- Hippopotamus – The largest land mammal in Africa, known for its massive size.
- Hokkaido Dog – Also known as the Ainu Dog, this dog breed is native to Japan.
- Honey Badger – A small, but fierce animal that is known for its ferocity.
- Hornet – A large variety of wasp that is known for its aggressive behavior.
- Horse – A domesticated animal that is often used for transportation or working on farms.
- Horseshoe Crab – A marine arthropod that lives on sandy beaches and is known for its sharp tail.
- Housefly – A common type of fly that is known for transmitting diseases.
- Hummingbird – A tiny bird that is known for its ability to hover in the air.
- Huntsman Spider – A variety of spider that is known for its large size and hunting ability.
- Husky – A dog breed that is known for its thick, fluffy fur and sled-pulling ability.
- Hyena – A large carnivore found in many parts of Africa and Asia that is known for its unusual laughing sound.
These are some of the animals that start with the letter H. Whether you are interested in eating them, keeping them as pets, or simply observing their behavior in the wild, there are many fascinating creatures with the letter H in their names.