Some of the most popular animals that start with the letter B are bats, bears, and buffaloes. However, there are many other animals that start with the letter B.
This list contains other common and slightly uncommon animals that start with the letter B.
- Baboon – Native to Asia and Africa, they are primates that have a distinct, elongated face with large, pointed ears and molar teeth.
- Badger – A small omnivorous animal with a long body, short legs, and a large head.
- Bald Eagle – A large bird of prey having a white head and brown body that are found in North America.
- Barracuda – A type of fish with snake-like features that can grow up to five feet long and has sharp teeth.
- Beagle – An energetic and friendly dog with a great sense of smell that was once used for hunting.
- Bearded Dragon – An Australian lizard that grows to over 2 feet long and has a beard-like flap of skin under its throat.
- Beaver – A large rodent that are known for their flat tail, webbed feet, and large front teeth.
- Bed Bugs – A type of bug that lives in warm climates and feeds on human blood.
- Beetle – A type of insect with hard wings that can be either colorful or dull.
- Bengal Tiger – Large animals with orange fur, black stripes, and a white underbelly, are usually found in India and Bangladesh.
- Bison – A North American cow that grows up to 6 feet tall, weighs up to 2,000 pounds, and has large horns.
- Black Mamba – A sub-Saharan African snake that has large fangs, is quick moving and can be aggressive.
- Black Widow Spider – A spider with a distinct black body and red hourglass shape on its underside.
- Blue Jay – A bird from North America that has blue and white feathers, bright colors, and loud calls.
- Blue Whale – The largest animal on the planet, they can be up to 100 feet long and weigh over 200 tons.
- Bobcat – A catlike animal native to North America, which can be found in forests and can be up to 3 feet long.
- Bonobo – An endangered ape that has long legs, pink lips, and a dark face.
- Bull shark – An aggressive shark that can live in both saltwater and freshwater, mainly found in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Bumblebee – A yellow-black striped and fuzzy insect that has large wings.
- Burmese Python – The largest snake in the world, reaching a length of 20 feet, weighing over 200 pounds and sporting sharp teeth.
Whether they are large or small, common or rare, there are many different animals that start with the letter B. Whether you are interested in aquatic life, land animals, or rodents, there is an animal on this list that will appeal to you.